• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zach Rohlfs

Zach Rohlfs

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft 2, Rugby, Engineering

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

I noticed recently that the venting calculates fixture unit values in the wrong direction in terms of connecting to the DW lines and in having the values calculate out to the end of the vent line.  Is there any way to quickly fix this calculation or to change how the venting connects to the DW lines?

#2 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

You should be able to flip your vent pipes around and have everything work. Pipes are always drawn pointing toward fixtures and pointing from large pipes to small pipes. For vent pipes, this means they should be drawn pointing from the roof down to the fixtures.

They should intersect the waste pipes in such a way that you get two arrowheads at the same location. You don't ever want arrowheads pointing to each other within a single pipe-type system, but between pipe types, it is expected that this will happen.

#3 Zach Rohlfs

Zach Rohlfs

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft 2, Rugby, Engineering

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:17 AM

I did do that, however then the connection between the vent pipe and the waste system is not shown.

I have uploaded pictures.

This one shows the vents connecting and while the riser has the correct fixture units, the horizontal does not have the correct values.
Attached File  vent connections.pdf   193.76K   14 downloads

This shows the Fixture Unit values correctly but does not show the vent connecting to the waste lines.
Attached File  vent sizes.pdf   200.94K   13 downloads

Also you can see after I updated the isometric, some of the labels came off the vertical vent risers and located themselves elsewhere on the drawing.  I have no idea why this is happening.  :unsure:  

Thanks,
Zach

#4 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

Can you send us a copy of the project in these two configurations? It will help us figure out what is going wrong. Use the DM Plumbing->Help->Send Project to Design Master Support command.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users