• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zach Rohlfs

Zach Rohlfs

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft 2, Rugby, Engineering

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

Is there anyway to change the size of the ptrap on the isometric.  There are several cases where the P-Trap looks to be within the 2 pipe diameter of the trap weir on the isometric and I know that it is not.  This becomes difficult to explain to a building official that my program incorrectly draws the size of the P-Trap.  We even have a detail that we place on our drawings specifically showing the required distance of 2 pipe diameters because this has become such an issue with code officials.  The biggest place it is a problem is with sinks, toilets and other fixtures located relatively close to a wall, but still far enough away to clearly have the trap distance.  It would be nice if the trap distance varied with the corresponding pipe size or it could be set manually by the user to a value.

Thank you,

Zach

#2 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

I could definitely update the p-trap graphic to draw based upon the size of the pipe. Do you have any recommendations for determine the trap size based upon the pipe size?

#3 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

I realized that I didn't mention that you can set the size differently if you don't like what DM has chosen. Under Customization->Options, there is a "P-Trap Width" setting that you can adjust. Change that, then redraw the isometric. The default is 0.1. Try using 0.05 and see if that looks any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users