Move/Copy Equipment to new equipment group

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jamesa

Jamesa

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

Hey I was trying to move or copy the equipment from one group to another. I need to make a bid alternate so I'll have a different equipment schedule for each. So there will be some equipment that will be the same on both. Is there a way I can do this without recreating all the equipment in the new group?

James

#2 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

If the equipment is on the drawing, you have to copy it in the drawing. If it is in the database, you have to use the "Copy Equipment in Database" command. Once you have a copy, you can then assign it to a new group.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Utilities->Copy or Backup Project" command to make a second copy of the project in a new folder. Do the alternate design there. Eventually you'll end up using just one or the other of the projects based upon the design you choose to move forward with.

#3 sethchandler

sethchandler

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

So If I have a group of equipment that is complete and I need to duplicate it multiple times.  I can not simply complete the group and copy the group (as I have found), but rather I must make a new group and copy each piece of equipment one by one reassign to the new group then it is part of a new "system".   Could the copy group tool be made to duplicate a group and all of it's associated equipment contents?  Also I find myself switching from screen to screen trying to see the status of an equipment list group, Could a add/new/delete tool be added all on a single screen so that the back and fourth could be eliminated?

#4 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Seth, I made a note of your request on our wish list. It is certainly something we can consider adding to the software.
http://wishlist.desi...equipment-group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users