Riser Diagram Example

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mciarrocca

mciarrocca

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

Is there any way someone could reply with an attached example of a riser diagram prepared with Design Master. I can get equipment, circuitry & notes on a drawing, but just struggle with making it look halfway decent. At least without spending an unreasonable amount of time. Was just hoping that seeing an example of someone's layout might clear up things a bit.

Also, any tips in using the riser diagram functions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

I will see if I can come up with a sample that I can share.

One tip: make one panel look right, with all of your labels in the right spot. Copy it using the AutoCAD copy command. Then use the "Change One Line Device" command, select the copy, and change it to a new device. This will help you get your labels looking decent without having to mess with each individual panel.

For a future release (not 6.1, which is in beta right now), we are looking to make some upgrades to the riser commands so that they are easier to use. If you have any suggestions for changes or improvements, let us know.

As a final thought, if you sent me a copy of a DM project with a riser in it, plus a copy of a riser diagram you drew without DM, I might be able to offer some more specific tips on making it look better.

#3 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 06:45 AM

Here's that sample I promised from one of the projects that Robison Engineering did.

Attached Files

#4 Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:48 AM

David
Sometimes when I copy a panel or other device that has the labels on it, the labels do not copy.  I have not been able to see a pattern to it.  It happens maybe once in 20 to 30 times.  Is this a known bug?

On a somewhat related subject when creating a one line device, there is an option to have more than one input, but only one out.  Is there a reason for only one out?  I made blocks for 2, 3 and 4 gang meterpacks, and would like to have an output for each meter.  All of the feeders connect to the one output, but I can move them to the other meters with the grips.  I am wondering if having more outputs would make that simpler to do.

Right now, I create the meterpacks as switchboards so I can connect the panel to it.  A better way to handle CT cans and meterbases would be helpful.

MCIARROCCA
I have some diagrams I can post.  The one attached is a 13 unit condo that I am currently working on.  It is not finished, but the oneline is well along.  It takes some practice to get the hang of making the one lines.  I will post some more later.

Attached Files

#5 Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:50 AM

Drawing file in Acad 2004 format.

Attached Files

#6 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:38 AM

I was not aware of the label copying bug. I will keep a look out for it and see if I can reproduce it.

I will add the idea of multiple outputs to my list.

#7 Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

The label bug may have something to do with copying more than one device at a time.  I was just copying a switchboard and a bus, and got it again.  I copied them one at a time and it worked, attempted to copied both several times and it failed.

I ended the drawing, reopened it and got the bug again.  The files are attached.  It is the panel labeled ACS  and the CT can right above it.

On prior occurances, the only time I remember seeing it was while coping more than one device.

EDIT: It seems to occur if both devices are selected at the same time with a crossing box.  It does not happen if I select one then the second.

Attached Files

#8 Jim Parker

Jim Parker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:44 PM

The drawing file.

Attached Files

#9 mciarrocca

mciarrocca

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:31 AM

Thanks to all. I'll download & take a look.

#10 Guest_ahmed allam

Guest_ahmed allam
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

View Postmciarrocca, on 12 April 2005 - 11:57 AM, said:

Is there any way someone could reply with an attached example of a riser diagram prepared with Design Master. I can get equipment, circuitry & notes on a drawing, but just struggle with making it look halfway decent. At least without spending an unreasonable amount of time. Was just hoping that seeing an example of someone's layout might clear up things a bit.

Also, any tips in using the riser diagram functions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users