Building Definition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BOBG

BOBG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

On a second floor drawing with a floor height of 20'-0" and 10'-0" floor to floor height, DM plumbing tells me that the pipe I'm inserting at 28'-0" can be inserted either on the current floor or third floor.  With every pipe insertion, I get this.  The alignment point is assigned to the second floor and I don't  understand what I've done wrong.  Thanks for your help.

#2 David Robison

David Robison

Design Master Software

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:20 AM

The elevation for a pipe is relative to the floor you are inserting it on. If you insert a pipe on the second floor at 28', DM is effectively trying to put it at 48'. That means the pipe is really ending up on the third floor, which is why DM is prompting you.

The solution is to specify the elevation for the pipe at 8'. Always input elevations relative to the current floor, not to the bottom floor of the building.

#3 BOBG

BOBG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:56 AM

View PostDavid Robison, on 02 December 2010 - 06:20 AM, said:

The elevation for a pipe is relative to the floor you are inserting it on. If you insert a pipe on the second floor at 28', DM is effectively trying to put it at 48'. That means the pipe is really ending up on the third floor, which is why DM is prompting you.

The solution is to specify the elevation for the pipe at 8'. Always input elevations relative to the current floor, not to the bottom floor of the building.

#4 Fred Roy

Fred Roy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:05 AM

David,

I am doing what you suggest, but it does not add up on my 3 story building.

My basement (where my supply comes in) is 10ft high. My last fixture (at 8ft on the 3rd floor) should be at 38ft. But when I do a query on my supply line, it says the highest fixture is at 10ft (the top end of the riser in the basement).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users